Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ballad of the damned

I wish I could, walk away,
from myself and take away,
this emotion, inside of me..
making my heart, bleed out again..

Make myself fly on angels wings..
As the pain goes by, but comes again.
Incarcerated in my brutal self,
I bleed to life.

Strange, melancholic,
fear of the angels..
comes back to haunt me,
again.

Now I’m on my knees,
Begging for some release..
from these chains of broken dreams
and these promises I couldn’t keep.

I couldn’t keep them to myself.
Even to the harbinger of death..
As the walls closed in on me..
I couldn’t see, I couldn’t see or believe.

Dark deception and treachery,
in the hand that was dealt to me..
time to fold for one last time.
Illumination of the dark within!

Saw a ray of hope, filter in,
Moving closer around the bend.
Welcoming me with open arms..
Were the fires of hell!

No open spaces..
Can’t break these shackles..
Bound by my folly,
Again..

Now I’m holding on...
To the hope that help will come,
Take me to where I belong.
I repent for what I’ve done..

For how I turned against the world
With the pact that he unfurled.
Evil captivated me....
I couldn’t see, I couldn’t feel, what was real... 

I wish I could, walk away...

No comments:

Post a Comment